In a health conscious world it is easier to spot symptoms of diabetes in the early stages, which is known as pre-diabetes. Discovering and taking notice of early diabetic signs gives you a fighting chance of preventing diabetes altogether. Look out for these 8 pre-diabetes symptoms…
If you have two or more of these pre-diabetes symptoms you should seriously consider getting yourself checked out:
1) If you find you are excessively thirsty, not just after extreme exercise or hot weather.
2) You seem to constantly have a dry mouth – even if you’ve just had a drink.
3) You find you are having to urinate frequently.
4) You have unexpected weight loss (even though you may be constantly hungry and eating well. Of course you may be eating the wrong things which would probably make your pre-diabetes symptom worse).
5) You feel lethargic; as if you’ve got no energy; weak and tired all the time.
6) Sometimes your vision is blurry – be careful, untreated eye problems caused through diabetes can lead to blindness.
7) You have cuts or sores (especially on your feet) that are slow to heal.
8) Excessive itching or soreness in the genital area or yeast infections (which can be misdiagnosed as thrush).
If you are aged over 45 and are overweight it would be advisable to have a diabetes check.